Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

News From the View

As a dedicated foodie & Hamiltonian I was flipping through the dining guide of The View. There was a lot of vegetarian friendly claims being made. Some of the restaurants boasted to accommodate vegans.  It's always a happy surprise to see the word vegan in mainstream media. I don't mean this in an advocate-y way either. It just feels like a "my existence is acknowledged in the world of eateries" moment of relief when you're assured that you can dine somewhere without explaining yourself as a vegan.


Anyway, the food!

Wass Ethiopian : I've heard multiple good reviews of this place. And they won most Vegan/Vegetarian Friendly in Hamilton's Best Food of 2011 I admit I haven't eaten there yet but it's reputed to be a unique experience and their vegetarian (vegan?) lunch special is only $7! I feel a review coming on.
207 James South (289-389-5294)

 Mex-i-can: Mixed reviews online.I've heard many good reviews through the grapevine though. A server there told me that they have a lot of vegan dishes. Also gluten-free if that perks your interest.
107 James Street North (905-527-1554)

Ole Gourmet : Also claims to have vegan options. Just by skimming the menu online I see 4 already vegan items and a lot of potential to veganize other dishes.
82 Locke St. (905-921-6502)


No comments:

Post a Comment